It was well over time for another catch with Robin, VP of Redding Reloading.
I have been wrapping my head around minimising SD/ES and improving concentricity as of late – so, I figured I might as well get in touch with a true fountain of information and have a chat with Robin.
As is often the case with reloading, many of the concepts are interlinked, so there is a little talking in circles, but, as was the case last time, Robin provides some great tips and tricks to improving your reloading.
We talk brass prep, expander balls vs. nothing vs. mandrels, primer pocket uniforming, measuring neck wall thickness, neck turning and more…
We talk about the Redding Comp and Type-S Dies, the Carbide expander balls, and the T7 press. This is something I have been keen to try for a while – as I am using the 550 at the moment – I sometimes get myself lost in the complexity. Most of my test loads are done on a single stage anyhow.
Remember, if you are after anything Redding, I can supply. Just message me and let me know what you are after.
Originally published: November 21, 2018
Lasted updated: November 22, 2018
- Team Optimistic Shooters AAR and Beers. - December 6, 2018
- The Crossover Rifles – a Tikka CTR and Bergara HMR - November 29, 2018
- A chat with Travis Ishida from ConX, NRL, NRL22 and more! - November 28, 2018
- AAR – Tarata Medium Range and Hunter’s Match - November 27, 2018
- Catching up with Robin from Redding Reloading - November 21, 2018
It just starts with the gear!
We also have a range of training courses available. Learn how to set up that new rifle, use a rear bag properly, calculate a ballistic solution and wrap it all around proper fundamentals.