Get the basics sorted.
Struggling to get find some guidance on how to get going with your shooting?
Nothing beats trigger time to improve your shooting, however, if your basics are wrong, you could also be simply repeating and reinforcing bad habits.
Get set up correctly, both literally with your equipment, and figuratively with a set of base skills and practices that you can then work on and refine.
Many of us find ourselves with limited to enjoy our past times. Let us provide you with a condensed, refined block of information to get you set up right and maximise return on investment.
Get started right.
“I was keen to stretch the legs on the rifle. Kerry's instruction not only helped me get the most out of my existing rifle, his pointers on the fundamentals meant that I finally got to see the rounds impacting on target! That was a first!”
101 - The Basics
For new shooters.
Rifle Setup and Fundamentals – learn how to get the most of your equipment and get it ready for shooting precision long range. From stock and scope setup, through to shooting fundamentals and through to creating ballistic data for your rifle and testing it.
- Setup – Before we do anything. Let’s check your rifle is correctly setup and shooting for you. Learn about rifle, optics, turrets, reticles and more. It’s a gear shakedown and setup.
- Fundamentals – A primer of the fundamentals of shooting – positioning, trigger control, recoil management.
- Zero – Learn how to properly zero your rifle, understand the process, refine your setup.
- ‘Try’ Data – Using a Chronograph and Ballistic Software, develop a basic ballistic profile for your system.
- Confirm – Confirm our ballistic predictions, refine and true theory with actual.
- Integrate – Go through the process of creating drop sheets and date, ready for the field.
102 - Positional Practice
Time to get off your stomach. Building on the Basics Course – 102 – Positional Practice provides a chance to practice some real-world shooting problems.
- Zero Confirmation – we will check zero and do some quick drills to ‘warm-up’
- A quick recap of the fundamentals of shooting – and how we sometimes need to break them
- The four basic shooting positions – prone, sitting, kneeling, standing
- The Tank Trap – a great tool for multiple positions
- Tripods and Shooting Sticks
- Shooting under time and physical stress
What you will walk away with
- A gun that is ready to go and a better understanding of how it works
- An understanding of the shooting fundamentals - how to apply them, when to break them
- Verified and tested ballistic charts for your primary ammo
- A thirst to get more advanced training!
“Great course to take your basic shooting to the next level.
Had a superb time out with Kerry. He took me through the basics and helped spot bad practice before it became bad habits.
Came away feeling far more confident than I’d been before being there. Kerry was very patient.
Overall, a superb course. I thoroughly recommend it.”
One On One Courses
Not sure where to start?
Need help setting up a new rifle?
Book in when suits you, and what suits you.
Get in touch with what you are looking for help with, and we can advise on an approach.
Upcoming Group Courses