Precision Rifle Training
Learn Fundamentals. Refine skills.
Not feeling like you are getting the most out of your existing rifle setup? Keen to extend your confidence out to distance? Just wanting a bit of a refresh and tune up on existing skills? The Precision Rifle Training courses offer a variety of levels of training, focusing on fundamentals, positional shooting, ballistics and more.
“I was keen to stretch the legs on the rifle. Kerry's instruction not only helped me get the most out of my existing rifle, his pointers on the fundamentals meant that I finally got to see the rounds impacting on target! That was a first!”
101 - Fundamentals
Rifle Setup and Fundamentals – learn how to get the most of your equipment and get it ready for shooting precision long range. From stock and scope setup, through to shooting fundamentals and through to creating ballistic data for your rifle and testing it.
- Setup – Before we do anything. Let’s check your rifle is correctly setup and shooting for you. Learn about rifle, optics, turrets, reticles and more. It’s a gear shakedown and setup.
- Fundamentals – A primer of the fundamentals of shooting – positioning, trigger control, recoil management.
- Zero – Learn how to properly zero your rifle, understand the process, refine your setup.
- ‘Try’ Data – Using a Chronograph and Ballistic Software, develop a basic ballistic profile for your system.
- Confirm – Confirm our ballistic predictions, refine and true theory with actual.
- Integrate – Go through the process of creating drop sheets and date, ready for the field.
102 - Alternative Positions
Time to get off your stomach. Building on the Fundamentals Course – 102 – Alternative Positions provides solutions to real-world shooting problems.
- Zero Confirmation – we will check zero and do some quick drills to ‘warm-up’
- A quick recap of the fundamentals of shooting – and how we sometimes need to break them
- The four basic shooting positions – prone, sitting, kneeling, standing
- Shooting at extreme angles – up and downhill
- The Tank Trap – a great tool for multiple positions
- Tripods and Shooting Sticks
- Shooting under time and physical stress
What you will walk away with
- A gun that is ready to go and a better understanding of how it works
- An understanding of the shooting fundamentals - how to apply them, when to break them
- Verified and tested ballistic charts for your primary ammo
- Error Budget Data Analysis - know how far you can go!
“Great course to take your basic shooting to the next level.
Had a superb time out with Kerry. He took me through the basics and helped spot bad practice before it became bad habits.
Came away feeling far more confident than I’d been before being there. Kerry was very patient.
Overall, a superb course. I thoroughly recommend it.”
One On One Courses
Book in when suits you, and what suits you. We can customise a curriculum about what you want to focus on and ensure you get the most out of the time invested.
Get in touch with what you are looking to learn, and we can advise on a structure.
Upcoming Group Courses