Why carry more if less can do? THLR RAPID RANGE is a combined rangecard and shooters log that systematically gives you a better workstream, logs your trajectory and helps identify shooter errors. As we are very much fan of combination tools, it also measures your shooting angle/ incline, support your cross-valley shots and mirage assessment, have your lead data ready, calculate crosswind component, measure map range and help you do a very quick range estimation on certain targets.
Why carry more if less can do? THLR RAPID RANGE is a combined rangecard and log that systematically gives you a better workstream, logs your trajectory and helps identify shooter errors. As we are very much fan of combination tools, it also measures your shooting angle/ incline, support your cross-valley shots and mirage assessment, have your lead data ready, calculate crosswind component, measure map range and help you do a very quick range estimation on certain targets.
Made from 1,6mm laminated acrylic, this card is white with black legend engraved (not printed!). UV stable and absolutely impervious to water, the surface takes ordinary HB lead pencil excellent and this can easily be erased without leaving a grey smear. Size 15 cm x 10,5 cm is slightly larger than an ordinary smart-phone and is easily slipped into a cargo pocket.
We feel this card is useful for range shooters as it forces a sensible workstream, leaves the head, less cluttered for the actual shooting and helps identify your problem areas as you immediately separate the misses and hits into a “miss log” and a “trajectory verification” section.
This is our advised workstream for using this card:
1) Start by filling out the weather data.
2) Log your V0 for post-shooting trajectory analysis.
3) The card supports 4 to 8 targets or terrain features, depending on how you prefer to fill in this form. In the rangecard mode, we prefer to use all blocks for targets and just fill in E-F-G-H by pencil. In rangecard mode we predetermine the scope setting, in other words, we plan the shot. In log mode, we prefer to use 4 targets and log the actual scope setting in the lower block. This is done after the actual shooting has produced a centre hit in the target. This is done for post-shooting trajectory analysis.
4) The centre area is for a simple panoramic sketch or your own notes. A small dot helps you place the perspective right.
5) If needed, put a piece of string through the hole marked “ANGLE”, and aim over the top of the card to measure the incline.
6) If needed, thread an elastic cord through the two holes in the sketch area. Then you can easily prop it up and secure it to your gear should an immediate move be required.
7) If your laser is negated by battery failure or weather, you can very accurately determine target range on a 1:50000 map, provided you know how to plot a target. The scale makes reading range a breeze.
8) If your laser is negated by battery failure or weather, you can roughly determine range by milling your target. Our quick-mil scale supports a military target and our own THLR steel target measured with a traditional mildot or the more modern TMR/ P4 style reticle.
9) We want you to log your misses. Over time your shooters log will build a pattern which will tell you where you need to hone your shooting position. Plot the miss as observed through your scope reticle (the + in the circle denotes scope reticle centre. The dots denotes 1 MIL. The circle itself 1,5 MIL). We have limited the radius to 1,5 MIL radius from reticle centre. Frankly, misses deviating more than 1,5 MIL/ 15 clicks from intended is poor shooting and should not be logged in the shooting log. These misses will over time build a distinct pattern on your shooters log and with the THLR Shooter Error card, you will get a reasonable indication of your problem areas.
Manual – http://vertebrae.no/downloads/dl/file/id/3/product/258/thlr_rangecard_user_manual.pdf
THLR RAPID RANGE rangecard and shooters log
It just starts with the gear!
We also have a range of training courses available. Learn how to set up that new rifle, use a rear bag properly, calculate a ballistic solution and wrap it all around proper fundamentals.