This is a good little mod, because not only does it customise your rifle a little, it’s also a great opportunity to learn a little more about the function of your rifle – in particular – how to disassemble and clean the bolt.
The guys from Greystone Guns were awesome enough to send up a replacement Tikka Bolt Knob as well as a couple of options on handles.
Fitting, once you understand how – is very easy – I dare say pulling a Tikka Bolt to bits is quicker and easier than a Remington – and even then, you can just switch out the bolt handle like this on a Remington anyhow.
What Tikka Bolt handle you eventually settle on is really just a matter of personal preference – I tend to like a large, long and slender bolt – as it seems to work a bit better with the way I like to cycle the bolt.
Check out the video to both see how to pull the Tikka bolt handle to bits, and a few tips on fitting and cleaning out the bolt.
Originally published: June 12, 2018
Lasted updated: June 12, 2018
- Bergara B14 HMR – First Thoughts - October 22, 2018
- How do I renew my firearms license? - October 19, 2018
- VRTBR C7 Pants and Parka – more thoughts - October 16, 2018
- Simple Blue Cheese Sauce (awesome on steak!) - October 10, 2018
- Radix Nutrition – food for hunters and adventurers - October 10, 2018
It just starts with the gear!
We also have a range of training courses available. Learn how to set up that new rifle, use a rear bag properly, calculate a ballistic solution and wrap it all around proper fundamentals.