I wanted to mount the Vortex Razor HD II 4.5-27 on the Tikka TAC A1 for a play. However, the existing ‘medium’ scope rings were not tall enough to clear the Picatinny mount on the front.
I figured it was time to also invest in some decent mounts. Spending close to $4k on a scope – decent rings only make sense.
Will it make you shoot better? Hmmm… hard call. And honestly – not that interested in extensive A/B comparisons between scope rings – I do have better things to do. However, it’s one of those things – buy once, cry once, no question now that the scope isn’t moving at all.
Originally published: June 21, 2018
Lasted updated: June 21, 2018
- The Vortex Optics Razor HD AMG 6-24×50 Riflescope Review - September 15, 2018
- Why do I now use (and sell) the Labradar instead of the Magnetospeed? - August 20, 2018
- Nikon P900 Camera – phenomenal, for the money. - August 17, 2018
- The Burris XTR II 5-25x50mm Riflescope - August 9, 2018
- Getting your New Zealand Firearms Licence – the definitive guide (2018) - August 7, 2018
It just starts with the gear!
We also have a range of training courses available. Learn how to set up that new rifle, use a rear bag properly, calculate a ballistic solution and wrap it all around proper fundamentals.