Bipods, bipods and more bipods.
There is a lot of choice out there in bipods – and new manufactures seem to be coming onto the market every day with even more options.
However, like I seem to be constantly saying, it’s important to start with the end goal in mind, and work backwards, rather than get caught up in marketing hype and end up with something that is cool, but maybe not what you are actually after.
Hunting, target shooting, what?
So. The big question is, is this for hunting, is this for target shooting? Likely it’s for a bit of both – but what is the priority? Lightweight hunting bipods are available, as are heavier, but more stable target/tactical bipods. And while one will work for the other purpose, you often find that you sacrifice something when going to either end of the spectrum.
Originally published: April 1, 2018
Lasted updated: June 21, 2018
- Team Optimistic Shooters AAR and Beers. - December 6, 2018
- The Crossover Rifles – a Tikka CTR and Bergara HMR - November 29, 2018
- A chat with Travis Ishida from ConX, NRL, NRL22 and more! - November 28, 2018
- AAR – Tarata Medium Range and Hunter’s Match - November 27, 2018
- Catching up with Robin from Redding Reloading - November 21, 2018
It just starts with the gear!
We also have a range of training courses available. Learn how to set up that new rifle, use a rear bag properly, calculate a ballistic solution and wrap it all around proper fundamentals.